The applicant may be a legal or natural person who performs autonomous commercial activity, the main activity of which is to provide transport of goods and/or passengers by rail and who has its registered office in the Republic of Slovenia.
The procedure for obtaining a licence to provide rail transport services is decided by the Public Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Railway Transport (as the licensing authority).
The application may be submitted:
- in physical form (AŽP, Kopitarjeva ulica 5, 2000 Maribor) or
- in electronic form (firstname.lastname@example.org)
In order to meet the requirements relating to financial fitness, the applicant must provide information on:
- available funds, including the bank balance, pledged overdraft provisions and loans;
- funds and assets available as security;
- working capital;
- relevant costs, including purchase costs of payments to account for vehicles, land, buildings, installations and rolling stock;
- charges on a railway undertaking’s assets.
In order to meet the requirement of professional competence, the applicant must provide:
- the act with which the railway undertaking demonstrates that it meets the condition of professional competence and organisation. The act must demonstrate that the railway undertaking has or will have a management organisation which possesses the knowledge or experience necessary to exercise safe and reliable operational control and supervision of the type of operations specified in the licence.
In order to meet the requirements relating to cover for civil liability, the applicant must provide:
- a certificate that the railway undertaking is able to cover any liability for damages arising from the pursuit of the licensed activity (insurance to cover its liability arising from the activity–insurance policy).
In accordance with Article 139 of the ZUP, the official conducting the procedure shall by virtue of office obtain information or evidence other than those mentioned. These are documents that show that the railway undertaking meets the conditions for:
– good repute:
- a certificate that the railway undertaking or a member of the management has not been finally convicted of prison sentence for one or more than one year due to criminal offences,
- a certificate that the railway undertaking or a member of its management has not been convicted of criminal offences relating to employment and social security, health and safety at work or customs in the cross-border transport of goods, and
- a certificate that the railway undertaking has not been declared bankrupt,
– financial fitness:
- a certificate from the competent tax office stating that taxes and other compulsory levies have been paid.
The AŽP shall take a decision on the licence application as soon as possible, but at the latest within three months of the submission of a complete application
The amount of the administrative fee is determined in accordance with the Administrative Fees Act. The application fee is EUR 4.50. The licensing fee is EUR 1,812.20.
There is no right of appeal against the decision of the AŽP, but an administrative dispute is admissible.